Monday, March 29, 2010

That's one smart little bob

I've been wanting to get a haircut for the longest time but I didn't know what kind of haircut to get. So as usual I turned to google for some advice. I googled haircuts and I found a few interesting terms for hairdos that I had never even heard before. Like I didn't know there were different kinds of bobs you can have, I thought when you have a bob, it's just called a bob. Am I disgracing womankind? Haha. So anyway this one term attracted my attention: a graduated bob

GRADUATED bob? Only graduates can have this hairstyle? Of course not that's a ridiculous idea but that was the first thing that crossed my mind. So I went to wiki this and Voila! Found out what a graduated bob is:

Graduated Bob : Section hair to 4 parts. Cut radially to 90 deg. Deeper layers than Sliding haircut.

Which looks like this:



So anyway I suppose it does fit the other meaning of graduated which is:

graduated(grj-td)
Divided into or marked with intervals indicating measures, as of length, volume, or temperature.

But then again, the collocation of the word, with something associated with fashion, to me doesn't quite have a natural link.



No comments:

Post a Comment